Friday, December 28, 2007
Holiday: Cream Puffs
Thank you, Katie, for inspiring me to give these a shot! They were a hit! And SO easy!
Basic Cream Puff Dough
1/2 cup butter
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large pot, bring water and butter to a rolling boil.
3. Stir in flor and salt until the mixture forms into a ball.
4. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl.
5. Using stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
6. Pipe onto prepared baking sheet in Tbsp size.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. Centers should be dry.
8. When shells are cool, pipe the cream into the shells.
9. Dust with powdered sugar.
(Note: Pipe cream into shells before serving. We piped the night before and the next day they were not as good as when we first piped them that night. And piping takes no time at all so it's really no big deal. Lesson learned!)
For the cream, we used this Williams-Sonoma recipe.