On the quest to cook dinner more often, I needed to come up with some new ideas for dinner. Nobody likes the same old dinners week in and week out. We love to order calzones from our local pizza place, so why couldn't I give it a shot? Well, I'd tried it once a ball of dough and failed, miserably. So now it was time to revert back to "convenience" foods. In comes the Pillsbury pizza dough found in the refrigerator section of your supermarket. This was SO EASY! No rolling of dough required. Those close to me know that I suck at rolling out doughs and have grown to fear doughs now. So if you have a fear of rolling out pizza dough, this was a great alternative and I would encourage you to give a shot for your own baked-at-home pizzas/calzones/strombolis.
1 refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough crust
1/2 small block of part-skim mozzarella, sliced
1/2-1 cup part-skim ricotta
2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1. Open up the pizza dough flat and cut in half into 2 rectangles.
2. Lay mozzarella cheese on half of each half.
3. place 1 cut up chicken breast on top of mozzarella.
4. Spread a few tablespoons of ricotta over chicken.
5. Fold dough over toppings and seal edges.
6. Lightly spray the tops with EVOO and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.