Friday, July 4, 2008

Heaven... I mean Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



As far as chocolate chip cookies go, I love them, but I'm really picky. Well I found a few great recipes I really liked, but when I saw these chocolate chip cookie bars a/k/a Lunch Lady Bars, I thought to myself "I love the concept, and I love how easy they seem." So when I went to the store to grab some ingredients for dinner, I grabbed some chocolate chips. I had everything else on hand.

I didn't even have to break out my Kitchen Aid mixer for these (sadly I don't have enough counter space to keep mine out). But I love when I find great recipes that don't require the use of my Kitchen Aid. And seriously, when I took my first bite of these bars, I was in love. And considering how quick and easy they were to make, I'll definitely be reaching for this recipe whenever the craving for a chocolate chip cookie hits me!



CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
Source: Allrecipes as adapted by Sherri

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup oil
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

-----

1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugars with the oil.

3. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing well.

4. Gradually add dry ingredients.

5. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.

6. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil (if you use foil, spray with non-stick spray).

7. Spread the dough into the pan, then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.

8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-25 minutes until light golden brown. [Note, mine took 30 minutes]

9 comments:

Kayte said...

holy cow these look amazing!! my mouth is watering :-)

Liz said...

I *loved* this recipe. Yours look great!

Anonymous said...

Ooo!! These look delish!! Great....now I'm hungry.

Ashlee said...

YUM! those looks so chewy and awesome.

Anonymous said...

HEAVEN is right! wooooww these look fantastic. My husband would LOVE these. I am so making them soon!

Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe this afternoon. I did not like the oil taste. The bars had a fried taste from the oil. They look really good. I may try these with butter and less oil.

Tricia said...

If you have success with the butter, let me know! I'm sorry you didn't like this recipe. Everyone who's tried mine absolutely loved them. Maybe your oil was old? Anyway, email me at bluebridejan07@gmail.com and let me know how they turn out with butter

Elizabeth said...

When you mean use oil, what kind? I"m sorry i'm learning how to bake and coo,, but i'm trying. :)
Thanks

Tricia said...

Lisa, I would use a vegetable oil or a canola oil. Hope that helps!