Friday, July 11, 2008

Hummus



Hummus is something that I've been wanting to make on my own for a long time. Problem was, I couldn't find tahini in my local grocery stores. Finally, my blogger friend Ashlee offered to buy a jar for me and send it to me. I was so excited when I got it a couple weeks ago! So what perfect opportunity to make the hummus than a girls' weekend with some of my best friends?!

We're heading down the shore tonight, but I took the day off to prepare - laundry, making the hummus, right now I have my pita dough rising (hopefully they turn out great!), etc. At first I was nervous about how the hummus would turn out. But I kept tasting it and adjusting it here and there and it turned out SO FREAKING GOOD. I'm hooked, addicted, oh boy - is there hummus eaters anonymous? I can't wait to be making this on a regular basis, which I guess starts today :)

HUMMUS
Source: Melissa

1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp Tahini
1 clove of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
EVOO
paprika
-----
1. Put first 5 ingredients in food processor and pulse until finely choppped.
2. Turn on and stream in EVOO and process until smooth (about 2 tbsp, but I just eyeballed it until it was the consistency I liked.
3. Remove and garnish with paprika.
(Note: I also sprinkled some paprika and processed it in to add some more color)


4 comments:

Ashlee said...

yum yum yum!!!! that looks great! there's no such thing as self control when it comes to hummus... i just eat it with veggie dippers, then it's healthy! yay!!!

Linds said...

Yay! It looks awesome! So fluffy. Can't wait to hear about your pita! So sweet of Ashlee to send you some tahini too- what are they thinking not carrying it in Philly? ;)

GiGi said...

All your stuff looks just heavenly. If you don't do it already, you should put these recipes on e-how. You won't get rich but you can make some money. It is free to sign-up and might provide you with just enough change to buy some more tahini oil. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

ahhh! you have so many yuummy recipes in your blog--stealing this hummos one for sure! thanks! i'll be back for more for sure!!

Lee