There's not much to say about homemade chicken noodle soup, except that it's comforting and delicious. And there's no way you can mess it up. So here's my version:
2 large cans of reduced sodium low-fat chicken broth
1/2 bag baby carrots
5-6 stalks of celery
2 trimmed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
bag of yolk-free egg noodles
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Pour broth into soup pot. Set over medium-low heat.
2. Cut up the baby carrots and celery stalks into desired size. Dice up the onion. Add to the pot.
3. Drop in the chicken breasts.
4. Cover and simmer for a few hours.
5. Remove chicken breasts and cut up into small pieces.
6. Season soup with salt and pepper.
7. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water.
8. Add noodles and chicken to soup pot. Stir.
So easy, so simple, so good.