Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh my deliciousness...



I used to enjoy a great white chicken chili at Good Dog, a bar/restaurant on 15th Street in the city. Since I haven't worked in the city for over a year, my wicked craving for it pressed me to find a recipe to try. Thankfully, FutureMrsWagner on the WC message board had a recipe in her blog which was delicious, loved by both me and the picky husband! I served mini-corn bread loaves with the chili - a la the cheap little box of Jiffy (1 box made with skim milk yields 4 mini loaves - 5 points per loaf)


WHITE CHICKEN CHILI



3 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (I used 1 pound of ground chicken)
2 cans chicken broth (I used low-sodium)
2 cans White Northern Beans
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilis (next time I would use 2 cans)
1 packet Country Gravy Mix
2 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (I used canola oil)
1 onion, chopped


1. Cook the ground chicken until no longer pink. Drain and move to a clean bowl.

2. Add and heat the oil. Add chopped onion to oil, stirring until translucent. To further cook the onions until tender, I added a bit of the chicken broth and simmered for a few minutes.

3. Add chicken broth and stir in the cumin, gravy mix and chili peppers.

4. Add beans and return ground chicken to pan.

5. Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.


Yield: 6-1 cup servings, or 4-1.5 cup servings
Weight Watchers Points Value: 5 points/1 cup or 8 points/1.5 cups
points values do not include sour cream

No comments: