My husband loves all things peanut butter. So I decided to make a treat for him. But since we're trying to eat healthier, I decided to halve the recipe and make a small batch. But here's the recipe for the full batch.
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cream together the sugar and the butter.
4. Beat in egg.
5. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
6. Stir in dry ingredients until well combined.
7. Drop balls onto cookie sheet and flatten with fork (I dipped the fork in flour before each press).
8. Bake 12-15 minutes.