Monday, April 21, 2008

Grilled Spicy Lemon Chicken


I do the best I can without an actual "fire" grill. I use a grill pan and it doesn't always result in great grill marks, but it's still super easy. I have to give credit for this idea to my friend, Jess (thanks, Jess!). It's a great light, summery (and low-fat too!) way to prepare chicken. If you're looking for a way to spice up your next chicken dinner, definitely give this simple and versatile marinade a try!

Grilled Spicy Lemon Chicken
Source: adapted from my friend Jess

juice of 2 lemons
3 tsp EVOO
1-2 tsp crushed red pepper
1-2 tsp crushed garlic
a dash of dried oregano
season with salt and pepper
2-4 chicken breasts
----
Combine all ingredients (except chicken) in a small bowl. Mix well with a whisk to help incorporate the oil. Transfer marinade and chicken to a large plastic baggie. Place in fridge to marinate for about 15-30 minutes. Grill or cook until no longer pink.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

looks great. I will have to try this soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! I love lemon and I love spicy! I'm going to have to try this recipe too! What a great pic.

Linds said...

Yum, looks delish! I love spicy and lemon- I think Doug and I will have to try this... on our grill pan as well of course ;)

Simply Chic said...

This looks fantastic!! I want to lick the screen :)

Ashlee said...

looks delish! i could go for that sweet potato right now...

Anonymous said...

Mmm!! Looks so yummy!