Sunday, April 27, 2008
The hubs and I were craving ribs lately so I decided to make them this weekend, along with an au gratin potato recipe I've been wanting to try. When I went to get the ribs I was able to find some boneless ribs, score. So this is the method I used to cook them:
1. Boil a large pot of water. Add ribs to the boiling water. Gently boil for 1 hour.
2. Remove from pot and drain on paper towels.
3. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
4. Set the oven to broil. Line a pan with aluminum foil. Place ribs on foil-lined pan and baste with your favorite bbq sauce.
5. Place pan under broiler for about 2 minutes. Remove, flip ribs, baste again, return to broiler for about 2 minutes. Repeat for each side and enjoy!
This method of cooking ribs is a combination of the way my family did it, and the method I found in Katie's blog.
To go with the ribs, I used Ashlee's potatoes au gratin recipe. It was really easy and good. I can imagine how great they would be if I didn't use low-fat cheese and if I would've doubled the amount of cheese.
Ribs would also go great with some homemade potato salad. Look for that in the blog this summer!