Sunday, January 20, 2008

3 Bananas



I had 3 very ripe bananas. What better to make than a batch of moist banana muffins? Nothing I could think of! So banana muffins it was. I'm sure I found this recipe somewhere on the internet several years ago, because back then, that's how I found all of my recipes. But that was before the days of blogging so I have no idea where it's source is. But anyway, here's my recipe, which is for a standard banana bread, but I halved it based on the amount of mashed banana I had and got 8 perfect sized muffins out of it. For integrity's sake, I'll post the banana bread recipe in it's whole form.


BANANA BANANA BREAD
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed banana
-----
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together dry ingredients.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Stir in eggs and bananas.
5. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture just to moisten.
6. Pour into 2 8x4 inch loaf pans
7. Bake 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Note: As muffins, they took 20 minutes to bake.

No comments: