Saturday, January 19, 2008

WC Recipe Exchange

Well, my experience with the WC holiday recipe exchange wasn't that great - it wasn't anybody's fault, but it just seemed that there was always something working against me. I couldn't meet the deadline because my dad passed away, then it was one thing after another, until finally, today, I was able to get it done. But then........... I don't know what I did but the batter for my recipe never really set up - the directions said to bake for 20-30 minutes. I baked it for 20 and it wasn't done. I baked it up to 30 minutes and took it out. I should've checked it again before taking it out but I figured the extra 10 minutes should cover it. Then while it was cooling I realized that the top crust seemed to be totally separate from the rest of it and so basically I totally botched the recipe, and to the WC nestie who submitted Walnut Bars, I apologize from the bottom of my heart!! Both for the extreme lateness, and for botching it royally. And so, now I present my disaster...

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i'm sorry your recipe didn't turn out - maybe you need to check your oven temp? i always go by the toothpick test no matter how long it says to bake...

and i'm so sorry to hear about your dad, esp around the holidays :( hope you are doing ok...